Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blog

This week's blog is about something I have always been kind of curious about but always forget to research. Hypnosis. I've always wondered whether hypnotism is effective, and whether it works to the extent seen in movies and more recently "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" where one of the main characters seems to be hypnotized in some way to kill a certain group of people. My questions while doing research for this blog were A) Is hypnosis actually possible in any way? and B) Is there a military application that would allow implantation of "kill" commands in a hardened soldier's brain. For part A), after doing a fait bit of research, there is still no universally accepted answer. However, in my personal opinion, I feel that suggesting things to a susceptible and open mind is quite possible. There are many weak and middling minded individuals that would be open to many suggestions if in the right mental state. However, I also believe from my research that suggestions that would go against the hypnotized person's moral standings, such as murder or any form of physcial harm (assuming doing such things WAS in fact against the person's morals) would not work. Harmless suggestions=possible, killing,torturing, etc= not possible unless hypnotizing a psychopath. Overall, hypnosis seems entirely possible, and I will be trying several self-hypnosis videos in the near future and write a blog on my findings in the next few weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment